You want to use Black Friday to get Christmas gifts for less money or find something for yourself, but have no idea which stores actually offer sales and how much? Well here are the best Black Friday deals for students so you are prepared for the big day!
I will also include a few tips for you, so you don’t go into debt on Black Friday, how does that sound?
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase via my link I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend things I use and love! Read my full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
1. Know what you want
Yes, we all like to just go out and see what we can find. But is that really good for your wallet?
Not really, right?
What I do is to write a list of things I want to get. If you don’t know exactly that is okay! You can just make a list of ideas.
Make sure to add who it is for, so you don’t get confused at the end.
If you need some more ideas for Christmas gifts, you can check out these posts before moving on to Tip #2.
- Creative Gift Ideas on a Budget
- Gift Ideas for Travelers
- What Students Ask for Christmas
- Gift Ideas for College Students
- Creative Gift Ideas for Entrepreneurs/Bloggers
Now that you know what you need, we can move on to Number 2!
2. Set a Budget (and stick to it!)
Setting a budget is super important when shopping intentionally.
If you don’t have a budget, it is super easy to spend way more money than you wanted to and might even end up going into debt!!
To avoid that, you can set a budget. Here are ways to budget that you may want to consider trying:
- Individual Budgeting: Set a maximum amount for each person’s gift (if shopping for Christmas or Birthdays). That way you set a limit on how much money to spend on an individual person.
- Total Budgeting: Make a budget for everything you want to get. For example, you don’t want to spend over $100, but it doesn’t matter what you buy for that money.
I personally like setting individual budgets within a total budget. I like that because I don’t end up spending a whole lot more for someone than others, but still have the big total budget that I don’t want to exceed.
How you decide to budget is totally up to your preference, just make sure you do.
3. Use Cashback Sites
If you’re more of an online shopper, you may want to consider using cashback programs for your online shopping.
I personally use Swagbucks, which is a great site for getting cashback when shopping through their links, but they also have surveys you can fill out for some extra cash.
They offer cashback for some very popular stores, such as:
- Old Navy
- and more
You can get started with Swagbucks here!
4. Quick Tips for Saving More Money on Black Friday
Quick Tip: I personally use the site Shoptagr to save items I am interested in. When those items go on sale, Shoptagr notifies me and I can then buy the item on sale!
I think that is a great tip, especially for Black Friday deals when you aren’t sure when they start.
Another thing I’d like to mention: If a shop you want to get something at doesn’t participate in Black Friday (for whatever reason), or the item you want is sold out, you can always use your student discount!
To find out what stores offer student discounts, check out this post by Sophia Lee!
Now, let’s get to the Black Friday deals for students!
5. Black Friday Deals for Students
Here is a list of shops with Black Friday deals for students!
(Of course, not just students can get these deals. They are amazing for everyone! But the stores I am listing are especially relevant to students, that is why I gave it the title that it has.)
- Amazon – Amazon has obviously some great Black Friday deals for students and everyone else! What I can recommend, is to get the 30-day Prime for free, so you can get your items faster and cheaper! Start your Free Trial here!
- EarthHero: EarthHero is THE place for sustainable items! Their sale is about 20% off for Black Friday, so make sure to check them out.
- Asos – I personally love the Asos Marketplace where shops sell vintage clothing. Love! Asos doesn’t share their deals yet, but they do offer a 20% discount right now, so check that out!
- Target – Target obviously participates too, and they offer many good deals. Since Target has a lot of different items for students, it made it on the list too. Unfortunately, there is no information about the Black Friday sale yet, but I will keep updating this post.
- Lenovo – The computer brand Lenovo also has great Black Friday deals for students. So if you need a laptop, it is a good place to get one.
- Boohoo – This fashion store is perfect for students, and they always have a Black Friday sale!
- Old Navy – Another store that has some good Black Friday sales!
- Spotify – Watch out for a possible free trial extension during this coming time period! They like to do the 3 months for free, so keep an eye open.
- Samsung – Another good place to shop for electronics on Black Friday (if you need it).
- Ebay – Ebay is similar to Amazon, and they do some good sales during Black Friday and Cyber Monday time!
I am sure that WAY more stores participate in Black Friday than what I listed above. If you know any ones that would be relevant to students, please comment them below!
What did we learn from this post “Black Friday Deals for Students”?
- Know what you want to buy
- Only buy what you need
- Set a budget
- Use cashback sites and Shoptagr
- Enjoy shopping in the stores I listed!
Leave a Reply